Gemstone pendulums date back to ancient times. Healers use them to locate painful or negative energy in the body, and psychics use them to contact spirits and seek out different types of energies. Pendulums don’t require cleaning, but some people like to clean them to keep the energy pure and clean.
1. Use your instincts. Pendulums are personal objects. After using the pendulum for some time, you will feel an attachment to the pendulum and it will tie itself to your personal energy. If your instincts tell you to it is in need of a clean or you drop it and it is physically dirty, clean it using the suggestions below.
2. Fill a bowl with one to one and half cups of water and add one tablespoon of salt.
3. Put your pendulum in the bowl and let it soak in the solution for 24 hours. If the pendulum rests on a silver chain, remove the chain. Salt water may damage the silver of the chain. If your pendulum has any metal components, remove them if possible as salt could rust the metal.
4. Polish the chain with a soft polishing cloth.
5. Remove the pendulum from the bowl and let it dry. Lay it outdoors and let it dry in the sun. It is recommended that you clean it every third or fourth session or if it is touched by another person. Keep the pendulum protected in a small pouch.