Cookie party favors tend to be popular, no matter what type of party you’re hosting. Buying decorated and packaged cookie party favors can put a dent in your party budget. Decorating and packaging your own cookie party favors can be fun, allow you to customize the cookies to fit your party theme and save you some money. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Choose a cookie shape. One way you can decorate cookies as party favors is to choose a cookie-cutter shape that complements your theme. For example, a Hollywood party could have star-shaped cookies while a dress-up party may have purse, shoe or lipstick-shaped cookie favors.
2. Cut the cookies. Cut the sugar-cookie dough into individual cookies using the cookie cutter you’ve chosen. Cut enough cookies to complete your favor bags; larger cookies may be one per person and smaller cookies may require two to three per person.
3. Bake the cookies according to the directions provided in your recipe. When you remove the cookies from the oven, allow them to cool completely before decorating.
4. Frost and decorate cookies to accent them according to your theme. For example, if you have a cupcake-shaped cookie, then you may frost the bottom of the cupcake with chocolate frosting, the top with pink frosting and use sprinkles as accents.
5. Wrap the cookies. Place one large cookie or a few small cookies in each cellophane bag. Use the ribbon to tie off the top of the bag.
6. Add a charm or embellishment. You can attach a small embellishment associated with your theme to the bow using the hot glue gun. For example, if you’re having a sunflower theme party, you can glue a small artificial sunflower onto the knot of the bow as a decoration.