Small changes can have a big impact when decorating a kitchen.
The kitchen is often thought of as the most important room in the home. Family and friends love to gather in a kitchen that is not only filled with good smells, but has a comfortable feeling. A few inexpensive changes will turn an outdated and dull kitchen into a room that is certain to reflect personality and charm. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Add a backsplash behind a sink or cooking area. Combine function with design for a winning combination. Choose glazed tiles for easy clean-up, especially near the stove. Mix decorative tiles with solid colors to create a one-of-a-kind design. Tiles and grout are found at home improvement centers. This project can be achieved by do-it-yourself homeowners.
2. Hang family recipes in decorative frames. Select a few cherished culinary delights and add a credit to the family member known for the recipe. Print or write the recipe on paper with a muted background of fruits or vegetables.
3. Add a wall border for an inexpensive and fast wall makeover. Wall borders are pre-pasted and only need water to activate the paste. Choose a border that reflects your personality and adds to the wall color.
4. Hang decorative plates on the wall using single or tiered plate hangers. Display cherished family heirlooms or purchase new plates to accent the decor.
5. Select rugs and kitchen linen to tie a theme together. A small area rug makes standing in the kitchen more comfortable, but it doesn’t need to be ordinary. Popular kitchen themes are roosters and chickens, or sunflowers.
6. Hide small appliances that must be left on the countertop with fabric covers. Choose a mix of solid colors to brighten the countertop.
7. Use the space between the cupboards and ceiling for displaying colorful mixing bowls or artificial greens. Wickers baskets used for storage look nice and serve a dual function for storage and accent.
8. Replace pulls or handles with hardware to reflect a theme. A painted design of flowers or fruits on ceramic knobs creates a country theme, while chrome handles tends to blend a modern flair.