Make a Silk Sunflower Decorated Straw Wreath
Sunflowers have become a favorite end of summer garden flower. Artists have copied the blossom images in a large variety of mediums for years. Sunflowers, along with a wreath, can make a cheerful adornment for the home. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Remove plastic covering from pre made straw wreath. Place on newspaper or cardboard covered work surface.
2. Cut sunflower bushes apart. Stems should be cut in varied lengths from 4 to 8 inches long. Start pushing stems deep into the straw wreath.
3. Decide if you want the flowers to form a crescent shape or if only the bottom of the wreath will be filled in. Keep stepping back and look at it as you go. This helps you see gaps and areas that you want to insert flowers into.
4. Add in filler stems with small sunflowers or other color coordinated blossoms.
5. Hang wreath up and check to see where more flowers are needed. Continue filling it in. You can wrap ribbon around the wreath or add a bow if desired. Craft birds will also make a nice decorative touch to your wreath.